Our price includes:
- Initial consultation. We are more than happy to spend as much time as is necessary, free of charge, to ensure that we know exactly what you need. Remember, there is absolutely no obligation for you to purchase any of our services after this initial consultation period.
- 18 hours research and presentation production time. Our current hourly rate is £17.50 which is lower than most of our competitors.
- Family tree (size A2, 420 x 594 mm). This will include, if available, dates and places of birth, marriages and deaths of all members of your family tree. For a one line tree this will usually be around 30 people. A one line family tree usually takes us back to the early 1800s. However, if you start the tree with your grandparents, then back into the 1700s we’ll go.
- Photographs. If you have any photographs, or documents, we’ll insert them into your copy of the family tree.
- United Kingdom census search. We will include information from one census return from each decade from 1841 through to 1901. If available we’ll include information from the 1911 census also.
- All available Scottish marriage records (only marriage records from over 75 years ago are available). Unfortunately for other nationalities we will have to charge extra as these records are usually far more expensive to receive than the Scottish records. See extras below for details of costs.
- Newspaper search. Were any of your relations celebrities, heroes, famous or infamous? If they were in the newspapers of the time, we’ll include the clips within the report.
- United Kingdom military search. If any of your family tree members served in the British forces we will include the information from their military records if they are available. Information from other countries forces may be available also, if they are, we’ll include what we find.
- An electronic copy of the report sent to your email address.
- Two printed copies of the report, on quality paper, sent to an address of your choice.
Extras (you can choose to have any extra information, if available, at a later date after you receive the report)
- - Scottish birth and death records. The information contained in your family tree will usually include dates and places for birth, marriages and deaths, however, you can have copies of these records included in your report for a maximum cost of £1.40 per record.
- - Birth, marriage and death records (not Scottish). Typical costs are £10 to £15 per record.
- - A research charge of £17.50 per hour. We will let you know the maximum number of hours that will be charged for your request for additional information.